Monday, July 13, 2009

Two

Dearest Linus,

I can not believe that you have been around for two years already. In some ways it feels as though you just got here but in most ways, it feels as if you've always been here.

It seems so very cliched (yes, I know you don't know what that means) to say that I can't imagine life without you, but I can't. That's not to say I can't remember life without you because that I can. I can remember how easy it was to run errands, how I spent many a weekend at the mall (haven't been there in MONTHS), napped whenever I was tired, and sometimes didn't bother fixing lunch or dinner or BOTH.

But, I can't imagine life without you now. You are the alarm clock that actually makes me smile, the giggle that melts my heart, the director of my day, and the reason I have slowed down to focus on life.

You have changed me in so many ways. You taught me patience when I always thought I had it in abundance, love I never knew existed, and that sometimes everybody just needs a thumb-sucking, hair-twirling break.

You amaze me daily. You are a social butterfly fluttering from one friend to another making sure everyone is having fun. It distresses you when others are hurting most especially your mommy. You are the first to offer up your toy if it will help someone else feel better. You are surprisingly willing to share, slow to anger, and incredibly tolerant of others. You love with all your heart. You regularly ask about your friends, family, and pets. You could give bedtime kisses all night and even Daddy says you're his best wingman since you often request that Mommy kisses Daddy nigh-night too.

You have taken my heart and life by storm, and I couldn't be happier about it. I love you, trouble.

XOXO,
Mommy



9 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Linus!!!

Miche said...

Awe, happy birthday Linus!!!! And to you, momma, congrats on 2 years of hard, but great, work! :)

Anonymous said...

Many happy returns! Every post you write shows how much you love your little dude;)

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Happy birthday, Linus! You are a lucky little 2 year old to have parents who love you so much :)

nikki said...

Happy, happy birthday, Linus! And happy "birth day" to you, Abby.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to your "little man" You both are blessed to have each other. We love you all! gramma B.

Coco said...

Happy Birthday Linus! It has been great 2 see you grow.

Mom E said...

such a sweet reflection on all Linus means to you......you are a wonderful Mommy. love you. your Mom

Anderson Fam said...

You teared me up. It looks like his birthday party was a huge hit. You did a awesome job on all the party favors, games, set up, so cute!!! My husband would have had fun at a party like that. Children are such a joy and you can tell you love being his mommy each day even the hard days. Happy belated birthday! Heather