Thursday, July 03, 2008

His Third Stomach?

From what I've read, one of the biggest worries of a new toddler parent is food. The concerns run the gauntlet from, "Is he eating too little?" to "Is he eating too much?" or even "Is he eating enough of the right foods?" As a parent of an almost toddler, I have to say these worries are on the top of my list too... or at least one of these. Is he eating too much?

The Evidence

Before: Here you see the adult portions of food I have prepared for Linus. For size comparison, that is a full-size fork. Oh, and these aren't single layers of food. Oh no, they are stacked at least an inch high.


After: Gone. Here you see Linus frantically searching his tray for any remaining bits of vegetable. Chicken: gone. Mixed vegetables: gone. Spaghetti: nearly gone.


Oh, and as if that wasn't enough, he enjoyed a 1/3 of a LocoPop for dessert and then we went to his room and he nursed.

Today I even wondered if I had given birth not to a baby but to Alf.



No comments: