Thursday, July 24, 2008

Because I Couldn't Think of Anything Else

I was tagged by my blog friend Suzi to name five things I can't live without. The rule is that it can't be a person, it has to be something material that actually makes your life easier. It can't be something in general, it must be exact.

Here we go...

1. My laptop- without which there would be no blog. My laptop gives me portability. When Linus was newborn, he would nurse himself to sleep. He was so colicky that when he slept I didn't dare move him to his crib. That's when my laptop was especially handy. I would simply lean over a bit and hit the play button on the front and my Netflix'd Grey's Anatomy would pop on and I'd be good until he woke up again. Another reason I adore my laptop is for shopping. I never knew how impossible much more difficult shopping in brick and mortars would become after having a baby. I love browsing all my old favorites now online.

2. My iPod Touch- My Touch allows me to read and comment on blogs, Twitter, and check email all without leaving Linus's room. I especially love it because as Linus has grown older he, too, has come to love tapping away on the computer keyboard making using the laptop with him around difficult. My Touch solves this problem. I can pretty much check my email without him even noticing. (Of course, I would really love to upgrade to an iPhone.)

3. My library card- I love, love, love to read. Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, our finances are nil less abundant so my (okay, actually Adrian's) library card keeps the great literature coming. And, I do have to say that Durham has amazing public libraries. They have every book you could ever imagine plus dvd's, music, audio books, recipe books, and puzzles. They have everything and you can reserve it all right online. No need to even search the shelves yourself. Just request a book, receive the call saying they have it ready, and pick it up. The only thing better would be if they had a drive through window.

4. Flip flops- I wear them everywhere and with everything. It is not that I don't love other shoes, I do. It's just that they are so darn quick and convenient. Earlier this spring, I found I had so many I really had to weed them out. Now I have only 8 (maybe 9) pairs. I have to say, I have a favorite brand. J. Crew flip flops are the BEST. They are so cushy and comfortable. My feet never tire when wearing them and I've worn them for l-o-n-g walks. With so many cute styles, it's hard to go wrong. [Oh no, I just linked J. Crew and found that they're on sale for only $10. I'm having difficulty just finishing this post before running to find my wallet.]

5. My new bra. I got it from Bravissimo. I love this company so much that I wish I lived in the U.K. I even asked Adrian if it would be possible to take a trip to London just so I could purchase new bras. He said no. Having always been ginormous well-endowed, it is rare if not impossible to find a bra that fits, none the less looks pretty or, heaven forbid, sexy. Discovering Bravissimo was truly a dream come true. I mean, with the limited U.S. bra sizes, it is no wonder 85% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. My size does not exist at Target, Wal-Mart, or even Victoria's Secret, but thanks to Bravissimo, it does exist in the U.K. and online.

A few runners-up: Spanx, Netflix, my pie cookbooks, and NuWay.

There you have it. More information than you ever wanted to know about me. Now, it's my turn to tag some bloggers. Here's a little linky love for: Heidi, Kelly, Missy, and Canape. Play along if ya want. No pressure.



5 comments:

Heidi said...

OMG - I'm totally buying up those J Crew flip flops right now! Thanks for the tip!

I'll play along and post my top 5 sometime in the next few days.

carrhop said...

New to your blog--and ABSOLUTELY love your design--the bananas are just hilarious--never seen anything like it!

Also enjoying reading your posts--your little sweetie is just precious!

Blessings!

Beck said...

Was shipping crazy at Bravissimo? I have a bizarre bra size, and THEY CARRY IT!

@sweetbabboo said...

Beck,
They have a flat international rate of 7.50 pounds.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I can't live without my spanx and oh my goodness they are currently MISSING!

Steph