Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Not You...

It's Telefund! Since they were so kind as to send us a postcard warning of the impending dates, please be aware, we will be screening our phone calls.

It's not that I don't love K-State, it's just that I hate having to tell all those little education majors that once they graduate with their degree, they won't have enough money to pay rent none the less give some back to their alma mater. I just can't be responsible for crushing their dreams.

Besides, I am still regularly sending a large chunk of money to K.S.U. or at least their good friend Sallie Mae.



2 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Aaah Telefund. The memories.

I'm pretty sure I'd screen the call too though. Mostly out of bitterness that my dept. never gave me scholarship money. Yep, still not over it. :)

@sweetbabboo said...

Oh, I placed phone calls too. Combine my hate of placing calls with my lack of sales skills, mix it all together and you get the School of Education's worst caller of the night. That's right, I managed to collect money from only 1 person (strangely, my childhood babysitter happened to end up on my list of VA numbers). Other than that, I made several long distance calls on K-State's tab. The good news was that since it was the School of Education (where there are no losers), I received a prize for being the worst: the same t-shirt as the night's top caller. Take that overachievers!