I haven't been here much lately. I'm quite a failure at the whole scheduled blogging thing -- which is really quite weird as I tend to LOVE schedules. Just another thing about me that disappeared at childbirth.
In lieu of blogging, I've been accomplishing awesomeness elsewhere. Therefore I give you...
Five Awesome Things I Accomplished While I Wasn't Blogging
1. Roasted and pureed a ginormous Cinderella pumpkin that resulted in 2 loaves of pumpkin bread, 1 batch of pumpkin doughnut muffins, 2 dozen pumpkin spice cookies, and a dozen pumpkin-blueberry muffins. And that didn't even use it all. I still have THREE 15 ounce jars of pureed pumpkin in the freezer. That's a lot of pumpkin for $5.
2. Sewed an adorable Valentine garland. It was simple, I just cut out hearts instead of the circles I've done in the past.
|Felt heart garland hung from mantle.|
3. Stumbled upon my best Rescue Mission thrift store find yet. A set of eight of my pattern of Crate and Barrel dishes. The plates were 50 cents each. That's four dollars for a set of eight. Now if only I could find bowls. Now I don't have to fret so much about Linus setting the table.
4. Gave myself the manicure and pedicure that was long overdue.
5. I gave myself a manicure and the next day I decided was the perfect time to repaint the living room. Bye, bye manicure. While Linus was at preschool Monday morning, I cut in and applied the first coat of "Perfect Griege" to the living room. We then spent Tuesday climbing over paint supplies and scattered furniture until I could use the second day of preschool to complete the job. I even got a wee bit adventurous this time around and ended my Sherwin-Williams loyalty. I wanted a zero VOC paint. Sherwin-Williams doesn't make one available in super saturated colors, but Olympic does. Not only did I save brain cells, but I also saved money. And the paint -- awesome. I highly recommend it.
How about you? What kind of awesomeness are you achieving offline?