Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 Days of MEme- Forgiving Another

This post is part of my November '30 Days of Truth' series. It's a meme thing, better explained here. You can find all my other posts in this series here.


 
I'm pretty generous about forgiveness. As I mentioned before, I'm super empathetic and always try to see the best in people.

Maybe that's why I'm struggling to come up with someone to forgive. I've pretty much let most things go.

That's not to say I'm perfect. There are a few people I still hold grudges against, but those are some BIG grudges. Ones that aren't so easy to let go -- middle school bullying, a hostile colleague. Big ones.

Struggling for an idea, I called my husband --

Me: I need someone to forgive. I can't really think of many grudges I still hold.

Him: Maybe you should forgive the people who voted Republican?

Me: No, I can't do that. I just can't.
 

It's still too fresh.

I mean, the 2000 elections were only 10 years ago, and his photo had hung in my high school locker and then dorm room.

Image found at commons.wikimedia.org.

Oh Al, how I love you.


4 comments:

Nan Lujan said...

I am also annoyed with people who vote republican, and also people who don't vote.

Jana Banana said...

Like, Like, Like. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm more pissed at the people who BENEFIT from Democratic ideals and don't vote, giving the Republicans their "mandate" to take away our freedoms and our money for THEIR agenda. (Yes, still very, very bitter.)

canape said...

I love that you can make me laugh during the heavy TRUTH meme :)