Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crazy Days of Almost Summer

Summer has already been super crazy for us with lots of packing, unpacking, laundry, and then repacking, and it's not even technically summer yet. We spent the last two weeks of May on a whirlwind trip of the home state (Kansas) visiting uncles, aunts, and grandparents, oh my.


Returning home in a much exhausted state, my obviously delirious brain decided to take on the task of painting the kitchen floor leaving us with evenings of endless entertainment not to mention unable to cook or get to the basement for laundry. Phase one of the floor remodel is now complete with a double coat of Jonquil (that's yellow for the men) that is awaiting a checkerboard overlay in chocolate brown.

Once that project was complete, we thought we'd take a breather. That's when we realized it was only a few days until our (meaning the hubby and me) weekend getaway to Charlotte. A three day weekend beginning with Nine Inch Nails and ending with the Pottery Barn outlet in South Carolina, a perfect potpourri of our individual tastes in honor of our eight, still can't believe it, years of marriage. Of course, the weekend's big winner was Linus if you were to peruse our packages. I guess that's the joy of being an only child.

Now, it's back to the piles of laundry and hopefully a more regular blogging schedule. I'm not promising anything though as Linus has decided to start rehearsals for those "Terrible Twos".



4 comments:

Heidi said...

Geesh. I'm tired just reading all of that! Love the photo montage. Can't wait to see the whole batch of pics. You know, since you have nothing else to do! :)

Chimpsea said...

I'm excited about the floor! Jonathan asked if you're designing your kitchen around your blog layout ;) I'm pretty sure you won't be painting bananas on the floor (though I think if anyone could find a way to make that work it would be you).

Anonymous said...

Whoa--your floor sounds awesome! Post pictures when it's done!

Midwest Mom said...

I love the colors you chose for your floor. They're exactly like the freckled bananas in your blog background!

And I will never tire of seeing Linus's curly hair. The photo on the bottom of him sleeping is *darling*.

Nine Inch Nails, huh? Is that you or hubby. Not that you need approval, but I approve! And color me jealous about the Pottery Barn outlet. Can I adopt you? (Provided, of course, that you have a camera phone and walk me through the outlet taking notes...)

;) - Julia