Friday, February 13, 2009

Sharing Randomness

Since I am busy trying to compose thoughtful responses to Green Girl's interview questions, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites from this week.

First, I am LOVING Audrey from MomGenerations fashion tips for moms. I have been in such a fashion rut since becoming a stay-at-home mom but Audrey is really helping me with new styles, great advice, and often a good laugh.

Next is a post that my friend Marty, aka Canape, has written about setting priorities. Often (and on especially difficult days) I find myself longing to reenter the world of making a difference (teaching, tutoring, volunteering, etc), but Marty reminded me that I am where I should be for now.

If you're feeling crafty, my friend Suzi hooked me up with a link to make your own super adorable BabyLegs. It's a picture by picture, step by step process. If you have minimal sewing skills, you can whip these out pretty quickly. Suzi's adorable daughter, Katie, was sporting a pair of super cute Valentine's ones. I haven't tried yet since I have a project backlog, but maybe a grandma might want to whip up a pair for the little guy (hint, hint).

Next to last, I will once again reiterate the phenomenal-ness of Faulkner Fox's book, Dispatches from a Not-So-Perfect Life. My husband has been reading passages and just can't stop saying things like, "She's like your twin," "I can totally hear you saying that," or "She could be your best friend." If you've ever felt the struggle of balancing your feminist beliefs with being a mother, then this is a MUST read. (Word of warning: Fox is an ultra-feminist and far left liberal, so if those stances would bother you, then consider passing.)

And finally, an adorable picture of my little bug and his cousin Madeline playing a duet.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so excited to click on your links! (NOT that I need ANY fashion advice--hahahaha)

Midwest Mom said...

Thanks for sharing. It's so fun to find out what other people are reading!


[runs off to explore!]

Anonymous said...

Linus still has the one finger touch! What a sweet picture! It even looks like Madeline is singing!! Maybe they will go on the road some day! Or make money for college? Gramma B.

Nell said...

I love that picture. And Audrey's tips are so much fun!

Nell