Monday, February 02, 2009

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

You may have noticed an addition to my sidebar. Or maybe you didn't. Either way, there is one. It's a topic cloud.

You see, I've decided that searching my blog for that post you remember reading a few months ago is really not that easy. (Of course, maybe it's just me that's having a hard time finding stuff.) Anyway, the topic cloud could be helpful for us all.

Here's how it works. I'm currently in the process of tagging my posts with topic words (Linus, cloth diapering, fashion, etc). Once labeled, these tags are added to the cloud. The biggest words in the cloud are the tags used most often. Looking for something? All you have to do is remember a little bit about the post's topic, find a word in the cloud that might have been a topic of that post, and click it. Browse through the posts with that tag and, hopefully, you'll find what you're looking for.

Of course, you may have also noticed one interesting thing about my cloud... the biggest word.



That's right, it's RANT. Great. This blog is supposed to be about my son, whom I love dearly, and the #1 topic word is rant?!?

It goes to show that this blog has definitely become an outlet for me. It's a place that I can release my frustrations and find sympathy, understanding, and even encouragement. Thank you, loyal commentors, for being part of my support network and helping me to be a better mother. Hopefully soon, rant won't be at the top of my cloud and instead it will something more positive like grateful. (Although knowing my tendency to be malcontent, you probably shouldn't hold your breath.)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how what you think you write and what you actually write are totally different? I had the same thought when I did that topic cloud. So interesting.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh that's cute! But it's also totally real! Love it!

Steph

Midwest Mom said...

The funniest thing about my label cloud is that it is more like a massive cloud bank than a single cloud.

Label-happy, anyone? ;)

Here's hoping CUTENESS takes its appropriate place in your cloud. Because Linus takes the cake in that department.

- Julia

carrhop said...

You're so awesome! And honest!

Wow...think about if a label cloud followed us over our heads--makes me wonder what word would show up the most in my thoughts...probably 'chocolate'...

4 of 8 is sitting next to me, pretending to study--she loves your background of bananas!

Blessings!