Saturday, September 27, 2008

C is for Cookie

Yesterday afternoon, Adrian and Linus went out on a cookie hunt. Daddy was having a craving and Momma was not baking. Apparently, their treasure was found at Whole Foods where they located Ginger Molasses and Pumpkin Spice cookies. Adrian was so excited about these cookies that Linus had caught on and was not going to be denied a cookie.

Being the pushover nice mommy that I am, I decided we would share a cookie and a peach for snack. In order to guide Linus into the kitchen and avoid a cookie denial meltdown, I told Linus he would have to sit down to eat his cookie. He immediately plopped down right where he was standing and looked up with eager eyes. Thinking quickly, I told him he would have to sit down in the kitchen to have his cookie. He quickly got up and hustled into the kitchen. As soon as he had crossed the threshold,though, he flopped down on the floor and again looked up expectantly.

Scrambling to avoid a certain meltdown, I grabbed the booster seat tray, a bib, and Linus. Quickly, I tossed him into his seat and pulled out his cookie. He responded with his usual monkey-sounding noises that mean he's ready to eat.

Of course, I had to take advantage of my temporary power and requested a kiss before the cookie was served. Fast as lightening, Linus reached over, placed a hand on either side of my face, and planted a very warm and very wet kiss right on my lips.

He got the cookie (or at least more of it).



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun!

Anonymous said...

What a communicator! gramma B.

Heidi said...

This sounds vaguely familiar. Only it's much cuter coming from Linus than his 31 year old Uncle Drew! :)

carrhop said...

I consider cookie dispensing an integral part of positive parenting techniques....

Blessings!