Monday, August 18, 2008

No!

Although he has yet to be able to say, he has begun to express it.

Linus, can I have a kiss? (Shakes head no.)

Can I have an Eskimo kiss? (Shakes head no while crawling away.)

Here have some carrots. (Shakes head no then points at the applesauce.)

Are you all done? (Vigorous head shake no.)

I can hardly imagine what I'm in for when he can actually form the word. On the other hand, it is nice to actually be able to understand something he expresses other than "Duck" of course.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're getting a lot of "no"s here, too, though it's pretty much a 50/50 chance at actually being true. I can usually tell when she feels strongly against something, though, by the tantrum-throwing, shrieking, etc. It's no wonder she isn't saying more words -- she is quite communicative without words. I'm really looking forward to hearing "yes" someday!