Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tag. You're It.

I was tagged by our family friend, Susan, so now as a rules-follower I must participate by listing 10 semi-interesting facts about myself.

Here are the rules: You have to tag 5 people, but no tag backs. You leave them a comment on their blog letting them know you are tagging them and why. Also, direct them to your blog for instructions. It is also asked that you notify the tagger when you post your list so that they can enjoy reading the responses.

1- I participated in many athletic endeavors in high school (cheerleading, cross country, and track). Although not very good at any, I was a member of a cross country team that made it to the state competition. Oh, and at 5'1", I was a hurdler because it was a short distance and not very many people did the 400m hurdles, meaning I could come in last and still medal. Another added bonus of being a hurdler was that I got to do the jumpers workout during practice and not the runners. I'm a lazy opportunist, I guess... at least when it comes to athletics.

2- In another area of physical prowess (or lack there of), I'm miserable at riding a bike. My entire family is very in to racing bicycles, but I'm better off as a spectator. If it has two wheels, I will wreck it. I'm not kidding... my first time trying to ride a bike, my first time riding a 10-speed, and I have even wrecked a moped. In college, I stupidly forgot this history and begged my father to buy me a mountain bike. My dad, thrilled by my renewed interest in biking, purchased a Trek with Rock Shox and all the extras. My first ride to campus was uneventful, but the return trip was another story. With my growing confidence from a successful jaunt to class, I decided to be a bit showy and tried to leap a curb. (This stupidity probably had something to do with all the fraternity guys playing flag football on their front lawn.) Needless to say, I failed in my attempt and went splat! on the pavement. The beautiful new Trek is still to this day in pristine condition.

3-I announced to the world (and my boyfriend at the time) that I was going to marry my husband before I'd ever even met him. I spotted a picture of my current boyfriend with his best friends from high school. I pointed at Adrian, who I thought was dreamy, and said, "I'm going to marry him." And I did.

4- My cat, Eliza, is named after one of my favorite characters, Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady. Our cat like the character was just a lowly street-living pathetic thing until we brought her in and made her a princess.

5- I love Jane Austen novels and have read every one. I'll also read most any cheap continuation of her stories as well.

6- I like to tell people that the historical subject I'm most interested in is the Holocaust. Although it does highly interest me, I really enjoy the reign of Henry VIII. I'm obsessed with the drama of his multiple wives. I read books about it (Anne Boleyn's point of view, Katherine's side, Mary vs. Elizabeth, etc), watch movies on it, and am currently enjoying The Tudors, television show.

7- When I was little, all my friends (most named Amanda) had a song that used their name. Not to be left out, I laid claim to Abracadabra as mine since it was as close as I could get.

8- I'm afraid of people dressed up in mascot/character costumes. Insanely afraid. I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy a Disney theme park.

9- Vegetables make me puke. Yes, Linus got this trait from me. I'm slowly learning to eat them but still gag a little if I take too long to swallow.

10- I check my blog about a 1000 times a day for comments, so PLEASE leave me some when you visit. I thrive on attention and approval like most people (and dogs).

There... a little about me. I'll try to post again soon with stuff about Linus.

Now, who should I tag? How about Loaf of Love, Suzi, MennoKnight, Corrie, and All About the Kids? Tag, you're it.



3 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Hooray! I was just about to do something productive when this opportunity came my way :)

I like the Abracadabra bit. That's clever. I always claimed "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones because it says "I went down to the Chelsea drugstore to get my prescription filled..." and that was the only song in the world with my name in it. Not a bad song...

ASKNE said...

Okay, I am up for this...however, it might take me a bit...so don't give up on me. My good excuse??? Three kids - I do everything these days in installations...and use them quite often as my excuse!

I would have to agree with the checking your blog 1000 times. I am guilty also....But, I will have to admit, being new at this, I just recently realized that to respond back to a comment I need to leave my own comment. Why it took me this long to figure out I will never know...

Susan said...

Thanks for playing! You're so funny! I love "My Fair Lady" also can be heard singing selections of it often! (in private!)

Later! Susan