Saturday, November 10, 2007

A New Old Hobby


At Adrian's advice, I have taken up a new (yet old) hobby. I have begun rubberstamping. This is a hobby that I actually used to do back in middle school before the rubberstamping/scrapbooking heyday. A friend of mine from school is a representative of Stampin' Up. She hosts monthly card making classes. I began attending back in September and Amy joined me in October since I knew card making was right up her alley. I have made several fun cards and am starting to experiment on my own. My goal project is to make some onesies for Linus. Nan, my stamping friend, made him some very cute ones (see image) and that's what started the whole thing. Anyway, if you are looking for some Christmas present ideas for me, I may be able to guide you to some Stampin' Up products I'd love to have.

On another note, Linus is a superstar sleeper. We have spent the last 4 nights "Ferberizing" him. Now, for all those who immediately gasped that I would let my precious baby "cry it out", that is not Ferber's belief. I have read his book and listened to an interview with him. His plan is in a gradual extinction of the parent-soothe. We had regular and increasing nightly check-ins to reassure him that we did not abandon him. Anyway, the first night was awful but Friday and tonight, he went to sleep with no crying and preceded to sleep from 7PM to 4:30AM. At 4:30, I feed him and put him back down awake and he goes back to sleep. It truly worked and I am very proud of my "big" boy. Today, it even worked for his naps!



No comments: