Sunday, June 20, 2010

Make Your Momma Proud, BP

At Local Yogurt today, I was watching from a distant table as Linus was busy adorning the chalkboard wall. While working on one especially boisterous drawing,  he stumbled over the cup of chalk spilling it all over the floor. Without hesitation, without even glancing my way, Linus squatted down and picked up every single piece of chalk. At two years old, Linus knows that when you make a mess, you clean it up. He needed no reminder from his mother, nor any incentive to do the right thing.

Too bad we can't say the same thing for BP. They made the mess, THEY should clean it up. It's such a simple concept even a two year old gets it.



4 comments:

Ilina said...

Ha, I love this!

Andrea said...

Agreed! You show em Linus!

Anonymous said...

You bet!

Suzanne @ pretty*swell said...

Amen! LOVE this post.

p.s. Can your little L come over to teach my L how to clean up after herself? She used to be good about it, but now launches a full-on "NO!" campaign every time I start singing the clean-up song. Hmm. Maybe it's my singing?

:)