Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Toddler Bowl

On a whim the other day, I took Linus by The Scrap Exchange. It's a fun place where they collect other people's trash to reuse for all sorts of creative projects.


I let Linus fill a 'small' bag with whatever he wanted. He collected fabric scraps, rubber caps, wine corks, cardboard cones, paper towel rolls, thread spools, rainbow stickers, and bottle caps. He simply loved picking and choosing his own things without Mommy constantly saying no. For all his fun, it cost me only $4.06, quite a deal.

My plan was to use the items to craft and collage except today during a long afternoon inspiration struck.

I took Linus's current obsession of throwing balls, a few cones from our Scrap Exchange visit, and enclosed it all in a hallway for a little fun.

I give you Toddler Bowl.




I'm thinking we may venture back for some canisters or jars to mix it up for a little "Grand Prize Game".


6 comments:

Midwest Mom said...

What a neat idea. I've never heard of an exchange like that, and I'm always amazed at the 'treasures' my children will choose in their everyday lives.

Lately, there is a fascination with paper clips.

- Julia at Midwest Moms

Anonymous said...

That is a cool "exchange!" I've never heard of that either. I keep bins of odds and ends for my boys' art projects--they prefer 3D art (always messy, always involve copious amounts of Elmer's Glue) and I'm glad to see them busy.

Andrea said...

Um hello Bozo reference! Love the idea! I've also heard of people saving the "puffs" canisters and decorating them as bowling pins.

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

I dreamed of being able to play the Grand Prize Game.

And I want to go to the scrap exchange.

Chimpsea said...

I have been spreading the word about my love for the scrap exchange all thanks to you! Did you know they sell mint condition three-ring binders for 25 cents a pop? I'm never paying $6 or more at staples again!

Ilina said...

I have got to get to the Scrap Exchange! My sons spent ages in there tent for the earth day festivities at the art museum. Such inspiration! Such creativity! And BTW, Linus' curls are to die for.