Monday, July 06, 2009

His Own Drummer

We've always known that toddlers, in general, can move painfully slow, but we didn't know just how slow Linus can move until we joined in a Fourth of July parade.


Here's Linus getting ready to go with his bike decked out with re-purposed supplies from the Scrap Exchange.



Here's the start of the parade. Go, Linus, go.



There goes the parade.



Suddenly at the back of the pack and we haven't even moved yet. "Hey, what's that?!?"



There go the rest of the paraders.



Finally moving although already about a half a block behind.



Oops. Gotta stop and check out the fire truck.



Needless to say, we only managed to complete half the parade route. Lucky for us, the police officer controlling traffic did wait for Linus to round the corner before allowing traffic to move again. Thankfully, Linus's friend Katie's daddy picked up an ice pop for Linus at the end of the route because, heaven knows, if any were left, they would have been a puddle by the time we got there.


Oh well, it was fun, he was still cheered by a few patient spectators, and we got to parade all the way home.



7 comments:

Convertible Girl said...

And his shirt looks awesome!

carrhop said...

Awww! He's such a sight-seer! I love this--my oldest is definitely a 'stop and smell the roses' kind of individual.

Hooray, Linus! Great first triathlon!!!

Blessings!

Miche said...

Oh that is way too cute! How very very fun! It is amazing though, when I really need my son to walk with me, he is as slow as molases, but when I need him to WAIT for me, he is like a jet engine...hahaha!

Was that for your neighborhood or in Durham? That would be fun to do with the boys one year, if we ever get come back home (sigh).

Anonymous said...

I love these photos!

In fact, it made me realize that I don't think I got any patriotic shots of my boy's first 4th of July. /Cry!

Kelly Jernigan said...

This is so funny - Seth & I were cracking up at it last night. The sequence of pics is just great, and I love the look on Adrian's face by the time you get to the end!

Heidi said...

What a hoot! Looks like a super fun day.

Anonymous said...

His own drummer and his own agenda! Go Linus! Meemaw