Friday, March 06, 2009

Oui. Si. Ja.

Received this in an email today from my Sister-in-Law:

"We planned to spend the morning at the dog park on Saturday and we thought we could take
Linus to play at the human park and watch the dogs. What do you guys think? We miss the little
guy...we could pick him up at whatever time is good for you."

I didn't even have to stop and think. Not even for a second. But if I had stopped to think I would have been imagining a leisurely patio breakfast with my husband at a favorite restaurant, slowly browsing the paper, and sipping coffee.

It's going to be a great weekend.



6 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Yay! We're so excited! Wearing out kids (and dogs) at the park is one of my favorite things ever. And it's supposed to be just gorgeous tomorrow!

Heidi said...

Sounds lovely! Enjoy.

nikki said...

Awesome. Have fun!

Dan's birthday is tomorrow, and we're going on our first date in...you don't even want to know how long.

Sheri said...

That's sounds amazing!

Of course, it was this time last year that my hubby and I were dropping the two kiddos off with my parents to do exactly what you describe that lead to baby #3 on the way for us. LOL

Enjoy...

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Lovely. Your SIL wins.

Missy said...

You are so, so, so lucky to have such great family around you! Love free sitters who not only love your baby almost as much as you do, but VOLUNTEER to keep him! WOW! Enjoy your time alone with each other. XOXO Missy