Friday, February 06, 2009

Resignation

To the powers that be:

It is with reluctance that I am submitting this letter. Although my time as Domestic Goddess has been, on the whole, satisfying and productive, for quite a while now I have become less and less satisfied with the work situation. The neverending expectations, the situations in which I work, and the limitless pressures to be productive are making it increasingly difficult for me to feel that I’m contributing sufficiently.

This was not an easy decision to make. I am grateful for the rewarding employment I've had to date, but after much consideration, I have accepted a position as official family sloth, a role previously shared by the household feline residents.

Therefore, it is with regret that I ask you to accept this as my resignation effective February 6, 2008.


Sincerely,
Abby
Former Domestic Goddess



2 comments:

Midwest Mom said...

You should know that your new position has both fringe benefits and drawbacks.

Benefits include: low expectations and the occasional scratch behind the ears (for which you must purr appropriately.)

Drawbacks can include: mandatory hiding under the bed when guests come and eating chicken livers as a snack. Also, sandpaper tongue.

Good luck with it!

- Julia

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Maybe we could just be domestic high priestesses.