When it comes to Santa, there are quite a few traditions in our family. Some are original to my family, some to my husband's family, and some are new to our family and our very own creations.
- An elf (or two) arrives Thanksgiving night to watch over the kids reporting back to Santa every night. He/she then takes a new location in the house only to be discovered the following morning.
- When Santa drops off the elf, he also picks up our personalized bag. This is the bag that he will fill with his gifts for the good girls and boys to be delivered on Christmas Eve.
- Most gifts from Santa's workshop are wrapped in brown craft paper which holds up better during the long journey. Bigger gifts that Santa must assemble may not be wrapped.
- Stockings are Santa's domain. Santa is the one who fills them with treats and small gifts. Currently Mommy and Daddy don't have stockings though this may change.
- Santa is of course rewarded for his efforts with a plate full of cookies and maybe a carrot or two for the reindeer.