Sunday, February 03, 2008

Save your fork, there's pie


My wife's new hobby spells certain doom for my waistline. At least if she continues with the same success rate as her previous attempts. I'm talkin' pie. Better than cake: PIE.

Pie number one was an odd custard thing - a Bob Andy pie. It's a "staple pie" meaning that most folks have what they need to make it in their kitchens right now. Read: milk, eggs, butter, and LOTS of sugar. How can you go wrong? You can't.

Now sitting in our freezer is half of a frozen peanut butter pie with chocolate crust. How am I supposed to survive this?

She's already planning pie #3. Diabetes, here I come!



2 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Is she taking requests? I'm a HUGE fan of pies that go well with ice cream... which is almost any pie, if you ask me. Also, there's the apple pie with cheese that sounds very strange but perhaps delicious...

Anonymous said...

Only one of the many benefits of moving to NC