Friday, January 25, 2008

Domestic Goddess?!?!

She takes care of the baby, cooks, cleans, and now... she sews! Yes, I have finally broken in my top-notch sewing machine that Adrian gave me years ago. (I'm not counting the time my mom used it to make my curtains because that was her.)

I have a friend who is pregnant and I wanted to give her some "grandma" blankets like Grandma Bartel made for Linus. After getting the details from Terry, I thought I'd give it a go. I even did the fancy-schmancy stitching... or I should say, my machine did the fancy stitching.


The result of my first attempt is below. I made the first one for Linus that way I could get the hang of it before making the gift ones.


The model does a nice job of showing his pleasure with the results.



3 comments:

Chimpsea said...

Ooooh I love the orange stitching on the edge! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! Now all your expecting and new mom friends will love your baby-gift blankets! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

oops! I also love the new pictures!