Saturday, November 24, 2007

Musings of a Grinch

Today we began to pull out the Christmas decorations. We would have started yesterday but just didn't get around to it. Right now, I'm really not feeling very Christmas-y. I don't want to put all the decorations up. I know I'll love them when they're up but I can't help thinking... I should be cleaning the house; it's not like we'll be here long; I'll just have to put it all away again soon; etc.

I've just been in a rotten mood lately. Maybe it's the lack of cold weather. Maybe it's that my life is so different and I can't get in the groove. Maybe it's just that I'm so tired. Maybe it's that when I get a minute away from Linus, I just want to chill not clean the house, make supper, wash laundry... Maybe a combination of these and much more.

Anyway, I hope I'll be in the spirit of the season soon but until then I'm listening to a "Grumpy Christmas" music playlist with such songs as Let Me Sleep (It's Christmas), Green Christmas, Did I Make You Cry on Christmas (Well You Deserved It!), and my current favorite Just For Now by Imogen Heap. Check it out, she's AMAZING!



1 comment:

@sweetbabboo said...

For more 'Grumpy Christmas' songs, check out the iTunes Essentials list called 'Bummer Christmas'.